Members of the Diocesan Festival Choir come from various parishes throughout the Diocese. In 2016, the Festival Choir will sing for the following liturgies:
- Rite of Election and Call to Continuing Conversion – Sunday, March 5, 3:00 p.m.
Rehearsals will be held on Mondays, February 20 and 27, 7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. and Sunday, March 5, 1:30 p.m.
- Chrism Mass – Thursday, April 6, 7:00 p.m.
Rehearsals will be held on Thursdays, March 23 and 30, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Presbyteral and Transitional Diaconate Ordinations – Saturday, June 3 at 10:30 AM
Rehearsals will be Monday, May 22 anad Thursday, June 1, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Permanent Diaconate Ordinations – Saturday, June 10 at 10:30 AM
Rehearsal will be Wednesday, June 7, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
If you read music and participate in the music ministry of your parish, you are invited to participate in our Diocesan Festival Choir. To sign up for the Festival Choir, please click on the registration link below. Space is limited.
(Sponsored by St. John’s Abbey & University / School of Theology – Seminary)
2016 Camp and Tour Theme: “Psalms – The Voice of the People”
Camp and Multi-State Tour | June 13 – June 25, 2016
“Sing to the Lord: Music in Divine Worship” (PDF) Guidelines of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
It is essential for parishes to be aware of copyright law in regards to reprinting text and melody for assemblies, and for projection purposes, during liturgies and other gatherings in the parish. If you have questions regarding copyright, please contact the Office of Worship.
- Copyright Guidelines from the Church Music Publishers Association
- OneLicense.net – Covers GIA, Liturgical Press, Hope Publishing, and many more.
- LicenSingOnline.org – Covers OCP
- CCLI – Covers various publishers
- World Library Publications Reprint – Covers WLP only
- International Commission on English in the Liturgy – Contains the policy on reprint permissions for liturgical texts